Android 12 Beta 3.1 Update
Not more than two weeks ago, Google announced the Android 12 Beta 3 Update for the Google Pixel devices. But to the surprise and frustration of the Beta 3 users, the update consisted of bugs and caused stability and boot looping issues in the devices.
Hence, Google has now released an upgrade to Beta 3 with the Android 12 Beta 3.1 Update. The latest Beta 3.1 update has brought some bug fixes which were reported by the users along with the performance boost and some minor changes.
The Android 12 Beta 3.1 Update has been well received by the Android 12 Beta users as Google were quick to release the update with bug fixes. Keeping the users happy should actually be the policy of mobile OEMs.
To revise you a bit, a similar kind of Beta update was released after the Android 12 Beta 2 as it too had many bugs and issues. The bug-fixing update at that time was the Android 12 Beta 2.1 Update.
- Release date: July 26, 2021
- Devices: Google Pixel (Series)
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4 XL
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 4a 5G
- Pixel 5
- Android: Android 12
- Beta: Beta 3.1
- Build number: SPB3.210618.016
- Update type: Beta update
- Update size:
- Pixel 5: 2.93 MB
- Pixel 4a: 797 KB
- Security patch level: July 2021
- Google Play services: 21.24.13
- API diff:
Official Release Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused some devices to get stuck in a boot loop after restarting the device. (Issue #193789343)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the System UI to crash.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Android low memory killer daemon (lmkd) to excessively kill processes.
The release notes and the details for the Android 12 Beta 3.1 Update have been officially stated by the Android Developers.
Changes in Beta 3.1
The Android Beta 3.1 Update officially came with the bug fixes mentioned above. Although, there were some other minor changes and performance boosts as well which were picked by the YouTuber with the channel ‘In-Depth Tech Reviews‘.
- Performance Boost
- About 16% improvement in the performance score of the Beta 3.1 Update.
- The multi-core score for the Beta 3 was 1354 points whereas the Android 12 Beta 3.1 Update score was 1574 points. (For reference, click on the link of the video)
- Always On Display feature (AOD)
- Profile picture of priority conversations visible in the AOD.
- This feature was not in the Beta 3 update.
- Bubbles Feature Change (For messages)
- Faster animations for the messaging bubbles’ shortcut, less load time.
- Change in the design for the ‘manage’ button below the message conversation.
How to install the Android 12 Beta 3.1 Update in your Pixel device?
If you’re already running a Developer Preview or Beta build, you will automatically receive an over-the-air (OTA) update to Beta 3.1, as per the official statement.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Pixel device with the Android 12 Beta 3.1.
More on Android 12 from us
- Android 12 Beta 3 New features
- Android 12 Beta 2.1 Update [Bug fixes, Issues resolved and more]
- Android 12 Beta 2 hits the Google Pixel devices
- Android 12 – Everything you need to know.
For more Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store