Android System Webview app is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android apps to display web content. It allows you to open links within the app you’re using so you won’t have to leave the app.
This means, when you click on a link in an app, it will open Android System Webview as if it is the browser built into the app. It is useful for chrome, to open the external app interface of other apps like Amazon, Youtube or Instagram appropriately in the chrome browser.
Download or Update from playstore if you want – Click here
Is Android System Webview a Spyware?
Android System Webview is offered by Google LLC and comes pre-installed in most of the Android devices.
Many curious people think that this is spyware and may harm their device. well, it is not spyware. It is a browser software integrated into an operating system and allows programs to access websites.
Is Android System Webview useful for my phone?
The answer to this may vary depending upon your android version:
- If you have Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or below, you may leave WebView.
- If your smartphone is an Android 7.0 (Nougat) or above, then you should not enable it, as Chrome handles all of WebView’s responsibilities instead.
- But, If you have Android 7.0+, you should not uninstall the Android system Webview. since Android System WebView is a critical part of the device. The WebView library enables and creates WebView class. Then, the web permissions and WebView code are added to the Android Declaration file. This allows launching web pages inside apps.
How Can I enable Android System WebView In Newer OS Versions?
If you want to use the Android System WebView in versions 7.0 and above, you can follow these steps:
- Uninstall or deactivate all web browsers.
- Download the latest version of the Android System WebView from Google Play.
- Open any application that processes external links.
Android System Webview is a system app which is already installed on the device and you don’t need to enable it, it’s already enabled at the time you purchase it. it’s a core part of the web related application and you should not delete it and work on its own without any user input.
Why deleting system Apps may lead to App Crashs!
We all delete some useless Apps which we don’t use and to make some space in the device but we don’t have to uninstall all the app which we do not use or don’t know about them. It is better to learn more about them.
what do if android system webview not updating
Relaunch the Google Play Store app and try updating the Chrome and System WebView app. It’s might take a while for launching the Play Store app since we have cleared the storage data. If that doesn’t work, then clear cache and storage of the Google Play services as well.
App Crashing bug, when using system webview?
There were instances of users reporting frequent App crashes, meanwhile updating the system webview app to the latest version solves most of the issues, but if the app you want to use is important and the app crashes often, then disabling webview & chrome helps until it is fixed by Google.
How can I disable the Android System Webview on my phone?
First, go to Settings > Apps/Application > More > Show system. Next, scroll down and tap Android System WebView, and then tap Disable.
Not recommended use only when updating the app fails to load other Apps.
More Interesting Stuff from us
For more App updates please download our Android app – Available on the Play Store