Asus ROG 5 Software Update:
Asus starts rolling out a software update with September 2021 security patch for Asus ROG 5 phone. Asus is quite irregular in terms of Security Updates for its Gaming Series of devices. They are very popular for Gaming Centric user, but regular updates for the device is the downside.
Asus ROG 5 was released on April 26,2021 with Android 11 ,ROG UI.
The latest update fixes the issue of abnormal lighting time of “Notification” in Aura light as well as the one when an incoming call enters call mode when the Sabbat 12 Ultra headset is connected.
- Device: Asus ROG Phone 5
- Android: Android 11
- Asus UI: ROG UI
- Build number: version 18.0840.2109.176
- Update type: Software Update / Security Update
- Android Security Patch: September 2021 (Stable)
- Security: Updated security patch to September 2021
- Fixed the problem of perspective in the game “World War Heroes”
- Fixed issue where an incoming call cannot enter call mode when Sabbat E12 Ultra headset
- Optimize scrolling smoothness in 144 Hz
- Fixed the problem of abnormal lighting time of “Notification” in Aura light
How long did ASUS take for major OS update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 11||Out-of-the-box||April 2021||Nil|
|Android 12||First OS update||expected||unconfirmed|
|Android 13||Second/Last OS update||–||–|
How long will it get updates?
Asus releases software updates and security updates for 2 years.
Hence, let’s wait for the Android 12 update will be the major first OS update and we can wait for it.
- Out-of-the-box>>> Android 11
- First update>>> Android 12[eligible]
- Second update>>> Android 13 [Last update]
How to install the latest software update on your Asus device?
Tap “Check Updates” in “Settings” -> “System Update” to check if the firmware is the latest version.
You can go to the ASUS Official Website to download newer firmware and instruction manuals.
For more Asus Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store