Google Opinion Rewards
In December 2016, Google launched Google Opinion Rewards. It is a rewards-based program initially launched as a survey mobile app for Android and iOS users. The app allows users to answer the survey and earn rewards.
Initially, it was launched in Switzerland in December 2016 and Now it is available in 29 countries including India, Singapore, and Turkey, Taiwan, Poland, Chile, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States and the United Arab Emirates.
How it works:
You can participate in the survey by just answering some simple answers question including feedbacks and opinion, provided by the market research. Survey frequency may vary, and you don’t have to answer every survey you receive. In exchange, Android user receives Google Play credits which can be redeemed by buying paid apps from Google Play Store, while iOS user can withdraw this money in PayPal account.
How to start
Step 1: Download the Google Opinion Rewards from the Google Play Store
Step 2: Launch the app and choose your Google account
Step 3: You receive a sample test survey to help you understand
Step 4: Fill this survey but remember, this is just a test survey and you will not get paid for this. The app itself lets you know of this beforehand. This test survey creates the foundation for you to go on and earn on the app.
Step 5: Google Opinion Rewards surveys are majorly based on recent shopping experiences. Moreover, if you go shopping very often, you get more surveys to answer.
Step 6: Surveys are very brief for the most part and take hardly a few seconds. By the end of the week, you can accumulate enough credits to purchase something via the Play Store.
Step 7: When you are ready, select your Google Play balance as the payment method or source
Step 8: Now, click on Buy and your purchase is now successful
How much I will get per survey:
You can receive between $0.10 and $1.00 per survey completed. However, the amount can vary depending upon the no. of question provided and the amount of time it takes.
How to transfer payments from Google Opinion Rewards to PayPal: Only for iOS
Only iOS user can transfer payments from Google Opinion reward to PayPal
You can log in to Google Opinion Rewards with the same Email Id as PayPal then You will receive payment in PayPal every time you earn $2.
If your Google Opinion Rewards email address is not the same one you use with PayPal, you must accept the initial payment within 30 days by associating your Google Opinion Rewards email to your PayPal account. Once you’ve accepted the initial payment and the funds are transferred to your account, future transfers will be automatic, though, you’ll continue to receive notification emails
When will the credits expire in Google Opinion Rewards:
Google Opinion Rewards are set to expire exactly one year after being awarded. Sometimes it gets annoying as we don’t have sufficient funds to buy anything useful and at the same time it gets expired as well.
Main Drawback of the App:
- As you can see the credits get expired automatically when it reaches 1 year mark.
- And the surveys itself aren’t frequent so you won’t be able to purchase anything good or withdraw it anywhere.
- In span of year only 3-4 Surveys are offered if you’re lucky enough, most of them are worth only pennies like $0.1- $0.10 or so.
Our Story : 4 year experience
Personally, from my experience it’s an good app to say the least, but for Android users it’s not suitable, as we cannot transfer the money to PayPal and Paid Apps in play store are more then the amount needed and In-app purchases are also high for good apps.
- I started using this app from May,2017 by far randomly it has popped few surveys a year, At the beginning it used to offer more surveys and higher rates as well.
- In 3-4 years total surveys given by Google is approx 126, and it made $14 which is not usable as it gets expired easily.
- In 2021, this app have given only 5 surveys which only made <$1 or so, Mostly this app has no customer base right now, and just for the sake of using it, users can try.
- Not enough paid survey: Some user criticises Google opinion reward for not allowing enough survey while most of them are under-paid.
- Privacy and security of surveyee information: Google Opinion Rewards collects information about the surveyee including their name, age and location and some additional information provided in their responses. users are worried about their data that it would be sold to and accessed by other parties which may use the data for nefarious purposes or even spamming and targeted advertising
More Interesting Stuff from us
For more App updates please download our Android app – Available on the Play Store