Google Pixel Series Software Update:
The Google Pixel Series of lineup started receiving the February 2022 Security Patch with new features & improvements in the system. Every month Google publishes Android Security Bulletin on the very first Monday of every month. Thus it’s no surprise as Google released its February 2022 Security patch this time on its first week
Released on 7th February 2022 – Monday
The Pixel 6 Series of devices are getting a fix in Camera wherein users devices were getting rebooted in certain conditions & fixes in Bluetooth connectivity as well.
A little background about Pixel 6 Series: It was considered the best selling Pixel device, but unfortunately the software was major concern as it had a ton of bugs and issues & slowly its getting resolved. This device is the most longest software supported device.
From Pixel 3a to Pixel 6 devices are getting the latest update
This update was the much-needed update for Pixel Series as this update brings minor & major improvements for the Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro Devices and a lot of bug fixes after the android 12 updates.
Read the complete list of details fixed in the Android Security Bulletin on the android source page.
Previous Update: Google Pixel Series: January 2022 Security Patch
Eligible Devices for February 2022 Security patch with their launch dates :–
All these Pixel devices have received Android 12 update: Getting New Update with February 2022 Security Patch – Improvements & Patch Fixes
- Pixel 3a/3a XL – 15th May 2019 with Android 9
- Pixel 4/4 XL – 22nd October 2019 with Android 10
- Pixel 4a – 05th November 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 4a/ 4a 5G – 05th November 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 5 – 15th August 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 5a (5G) – 26th August 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 6 – 28th October 2021 With Android 12
- Pixel 6 Pro – 28th October 2021 with Android 12
Devices release date, and approximate timeline of ending software update schedule; 3 years for most devices except Pixel 6 Series.
- Device with Build Numbers
- Pixel 3a (XL): SQ1A.220205.002
- Pixel 4 (XL): SQ1A.220205.002
- Pixel 4a: SQ1A.220205.002
- Pixel 4a (5G): SQ1A.220205.002
- Pixel 5: SQ1A.220205.002
- Pixel 5a (5G): SQ1A.220205.002
- Pixel 6: SQ1D.220205.003
- Pixel 6 Pro: SQ1D.220205.003
- Android: Android 12
- UI: Stock UI with Google Material You
- Update type: Software Update/Security patch
- Security Patch: February 2022
- Region: Globally
- Release date: 7th February 2022
Summary & New Features:
- What’s included
- The February 2022 update includes bug fixes and improvements for Pixel users – see below for details.
- Fix for issue causing device reboot when using camera in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing audio playback to disconnect while using certain Bluetooth devices *.
- General improvements for Bluetooth audio quality with certain media codecs *.
- Fix for issue causing keyboard to display over input text in certain conditions *.
- Connectivity fixes for specific carrier networks *.
How long does Google pixel’s Android take for the update:
Pixel phones receive Android version updates for at least three years from when the device first became available.
Pixel phones get security updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store up to Google Pixel 5A the software policy remains the same.
Google plans, to extend their update policy from Pixel 6 onwards!!
**Pixel 6 Series to get up to 5 years of Security Patch
How to update your Pixel Smartphone?
To check for updates in your pixel phone,
- Open your phone’s Settings app
- Near the bottom, tap System > Advanced > System update.
- You’ll see your update status. Follow any steps on the screen.
- Check for an Update:
- To check if a security update is available, tap Security update.
- To check if a Google Play system update is available, tap Google Play system update.
Do check periodically to see an update is available.
More From Google:
For more Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store