Pixel Series Software Update:
The Pixel Series of lineup started receiving the January 2022 Security Patch with new features & improvements in the system. Every month Google publishes Android Security Bulletin on the very first Monday of every month but it was late this time. Thus it’s no surprise as Google released its January 2022 Security patch this time on its first week
Released on 5th January 2022 – Wednesday
Unfortunately, the Pixel 6 Series may get this update at the end of this month, As they encountered a serious issue in the month of December 2021, users had faced call dropping & certain issues, which resulted in halting the update for the Pixel 6 Series. Visit the official community for the proper breakdown of the Pixel 6 Series December 2021 Update Paused
As per users, the main highlight of this update is that it re-enabled Chrome cast volume controls, on the side of the main volume settings. may or may not be a valuable feature depending upon the user.
From Pixel 3a to Pixel 5a devices are getting the latest update
Read the complete list of details fixed in the Android Security Bulletin on the android source page.
This update was the much-needed update for Pixel Series as this update brings minor & major improvements for the Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro Devices and a lot of bug fixes after the android 12 updates.
Eligible Devices for January 2022 Security patch with their launch dates :–
All these Pixel devices have received Android 12 update: Getting New Update with January 2022 Security Patch – Improvements & Patch Fixes
- Pixel 3a/3a XL – 15th May 2019 with Android 9
- Pixel 4/4 XL – 22nd October 2019 with Android 10
- Pixel 4a – 05th November 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 4a/ 4a 5G – 05th November 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 5 – 15th August 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 5a (5G) – 26th August 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 6 – 28th October 2021 With Android 12
- Pixel 6 Pro – 28th October 2021 with Android 12
- Device with Build Numbers
- Pixel 3a (XL): SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 4 (XL): SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 4a: SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 4a (5G): SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 5: SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 5a (5G): SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 6 – May expect few delays in Availability, end of the month for most users
- Pixel 6 Pro – May expect few delays in Availability, end of the month for most users
- Android: Android 12
- UI: Stock UI with Google Material You
- Update type: Software Update/Security patch
- Security Patch: January 2022
- Region: Globally
- Release date: 5th January 2022
Summary & New Features:
What’s included in the January 2022 update includes bug fixes and improvements for Pixel users – see below for some notable improvements.
- Fix for issue causing screen to unlock after missed call when no screen lock is set *.
Network & Telephony
- General fixes & improvements for network
- Fix for issue preventing emergency calls in certain conditions while some third-party apps are installed *.
- Fix for issue preventing Pixel Stand setup to start after updating apps in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing incorrect data usage accounting in Network menu on some networks *.
- Fix for issue causing a black frame to appear when dismissing the Assistant overlay on the lock screen
- Fix for issue causing memory leak in system UI under certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing navigation bar to be hidden when switching device orientation in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing PIP window to render incorrectly for certain apps *.
- Fix for issue causing Wi-Fi network to drop connection in certain conditions *.
How long does Google pixel’s Android take for the update:
Pixel phones receive Android version updates for at least three years from when the device first became available.
Google plans, to extend their update policy from Pixel 6 onwards!!
Pixel phones get security updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store up to Google Pixel 5A the software policy remains the same.
**Pixel 6 Series to get up to 5 years of Security Patch
How to update your Pixel Smartphone?
To check for updates in your pixel phone,
- Open your phone’s Settings app
- Near the bottom, tap System > Advanced > System update.
- You’ll see your update status. Follow any steps on the screen.
- Check for an Update:
- To check if a security update is available, tap Security update.
- To check if a Google Play system update is available, tap Google Play system update.
Do check periodically to see an update is available.
More From Us:
Google Pixel Software Update: Google has started the phased rollout of the June 2022 Security…
Google Pixel Series Software Update: Google Pixel series has started receiving the incremental update of…
Google Pixel Series Software Update: The Google Pixel Series of lineup started receiving the February…
Pixel Series Software Update: The Pixel Series of lineup started receiving the December 2021 Security…
Pixel Series Software Update: The Pixel Series is getting their first security patch, update after…
Android 12 Stable Update to Pixel Devices Google’s pixel has started receiving Stable Android 12…
For more Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store