Motorola Moto G9 Plus : Software Update
Motorola has been quite slow sometimes, of course, the last update didn’t work out well for users. Coming with the regular update is becoming a thing now. If you are a Motorola Moto G9 plus user and looking for a major update, you will be thrilled to know that wait is over and the Android 11 update is coming. You’ll certainly get a few features and fixes.
The company has rolled out updates in Asia and Europe.
Few users have also posted the screenshot of their update on Reddit. Although, some of the users facing lags and stutters after updating to the new build.
- Device: Motorola Moto G9 Plus
- Android: Android 11
- Build number: RPA31.Q2-59-17
- Update type: Stable/Major
- Update size: 1.31 GB
Credits: Reddit User
Here you can check the screenshot of the update with changelog:
- Android 11
- Say hello to powerful new device and media controls, communicate more easily with the Conversations tab and Chat bubbles, and choose how and when your data is shared with one-time permissions and other new privacy settings.
- Android Security Patch
- Possibly its the July 2021 Security Patch
How long did Motorola take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 10||Out-of-the-box||September 2020||Nil|
|Android 11||First OS update||August 2021||–|
|Android 12||Second/Last OS update||Unconfirmed||Unconfirmed|
Roadmap of Android OS update (Motorola Moto G9 Plus)
Check your device>>> Motorola Android 11 Update Tracker
How long will it get updates?
The Motorola Moto G9 Plus Android 11 Update is its first major OS update.
Hence, it is eligible for the upcoming Android 12 update.
- Out-of-the-box>>>Android 10
- First update>>> Android 11
- Second update>>> Android 12 [Possibly Last update – unconfirmed]
Check out >>> Moto Android 12 Update list
How to update your Motorola Moto G9 Plus to Android 11?
Here are the steps that you can follow for update:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on System and tap Advanced.
- Select Reset Option and Reset App Preferences.
- Restart the device.
If you are using Motorola Moto G9 Plus, you will get an OTA notification. As the update is 1.31 in GB make sure you have enough space, backup of data, and Smartphone to be charged at 50% at least.
This content is written by Shivani Shrivastava
More on Motorola from us
- Motorola Razr Android 11 Update: First-Gen 2019 Variant gets a major update
- Motorola Moto G 5G Android 11 update is rolling out
- Motorola Moto G9 Android 11 Update released in India, Brazil
- >>>> Motorola Android 12 update list | Stock Android UI
For more Motorola Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store