OnePlus 6 & 6T Android 11 update
OnePlus 6, 6T users can finally celebrate as OnePlus has rolled the Android 11 update for both the devices via OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 officially.
A staff member of OnePlus posted the details of the Android 11 update for OnePlus 6, 6T on the official OnePlus Community. The official statement was, “Hey everyone, we are very excited to announce that we are ready to roll out the first open beta build for OxygenOS version 11 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T”.
The OnePlus 6, 6T Android 11 update with the Open Beta 1 has been released to gather feedback before officially releasing the major/stable Android 11 update.
- Devices: OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
- OxygenOS: OxygenOS 11
- Build numbers: OP6_O2_BETA_75 and OP6T_O2_BETA_75
- Android: Android 11
- Update type: Open Beta (First)
The latest OnePlus 6, 6T Android 11 update via Open Beta 1 brings the new and exciting features of Android 11 to the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T devices. It is the chance for these devices’ users to experience Android 11 for the first time on their devices.
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode).
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation.
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display).
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically).
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it.
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range).
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer.
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter.
The latest OnePlus 6, 6T Android 11 update with Open Beta 1 brings the updated OxygenOS 11 skin, UI changes, and multiple new features.
It also added a Dark Mode shortcut in the Quick Settings panel which can also be automatically enabled by time range as mentioned above.
Steps for Installation
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
For more details and the download links for the Android 11 update of the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, you can head over to the official OnePlus Community post.
A key thing to note as per the official post, “Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community App”.
More on OnePlus from us
- OnePlus Android 12 update list
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G Update brings camera and other improvements
- OnePlus 9 & 9 Pro receive latest OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 update with HDR video recording feature
- OnePlus 9 series Boot-looping after the latest OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update [Possible Issue fix]
For more OnePlus Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store