OnePlus 6 Android 11 update
The OnePlus 6 Android 11 Update has taken another step towards the major Android 11 Update with the OxygenOS Android 11 Open Beta 3 released for its users.
The OxygenOS Android 11 Open Beta 1 and 2 for the OnePlus 6 was released last month along with OxygenOS 11 skin, some new and exciting features and much more.
Now, the latest OnePlus 6 Android 11 Update with Open Beta 3 has brought some system fixes and improvements to optimize the performance and fix the reported issues from the previous Open Beta 1 and 2 updates.
The Open Beta 3 released with OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 6 has been released to gather feedback before officially releasing the major/stable Android 11 update.
The OnePlus 6 was released in May 2018 with an Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box.
- Devices: OnePlus 6
- Android: Android 11
- OxygenOS: OxygenOS 11
- Build number: OP6_O2_BETA_3
- Update type: Open Beta (Third)
- Update size: 191 MB
- Update region: Global
Check this out>>> OnePlus Android 12 Update list (Check your device)
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve battery life.
- Improved the smoothness of YouTube playing videos.
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues.
- Fixed the failed issue of enabling VoWiFi.
- Work-Life Balance
- Fixed the issue that the feature doesn’t work when the screen is locked.
How long did OnePlus take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release date/status||Estimated time|
|Android 8.1 Oreo||Out-of-the-box||May 2018||Nil|
|Android 9 Pie||First update||September 2018||1 month|
|Android 10||Second update||December 2019||3 months|
|Android 11||Third update||Open Beta 3||Soon|
Also Read>>> OnePlus Android 12 update list
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus 6 has received two major OS updates with Android 9 Pie and Android 10. So, the Android 11 update will be its third and last major OS update.
However, it will continue to receive Security updates for this year at least.
- Out-of-the-box>>> Android 8.1 Oreo
- First update>>> Android 9 Pie
- Second update>>> Android 10
- Third update>>> Android 11 [Open Beta 3] [Stable soon] [Last update]
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest update?
The official statement of the OnePlus 6 Android 11 Update with Open Beta 3 read as, “Those using Android 11 Open Beta 2 will receive this update via the OTA. Users that are interested in trying the latest stable build and experience Android 11 before the stable update is released have to download the link via this post“.
Therefore, once the update is available on your device, then you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus 6 with the latest Open Beta 3 update with OxygenOS 11.
Note: Backing up data is essential, as the update may encounter bugs and there might be a chance of data loss.
More on OnePlus from us
- OnePlus Android 12 update list
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Software update: But update package is not showing for some users, 2nd update in India
- OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 22.214.171.124: Software update for Europe and North America variants
- OnePlus Nord 2 OxygenOS Update: Its first Software update with OxygenOS 11.3 A.05
For more OnePlus Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store