OnePlus 7T & 7T Pro Software Update:
OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12 – Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7T & 7T Pro users. Users can participate in their Open Beta program and all the participants should update to the latest version to meet the latest upcoming builds of open beta update.
OnePlus 7T & 7T Pro were launched on 26th September 2019 with Android 10 out-of-the-box.
Please keep in mind that this is a beta version of the program. These builds do not have the same level of stability as the official OTAs. There can be some risks associated with the installation of the beta version of the program.
➔ OnePlus 7T received the May 2022 security patch update last month for the Indian, European, and North American regions. For full changelog information, refer to this post here – Oneplus 7T Pro: May 2022 Security Patch [IN/EU/NA]
➔ OnePlus 7T Pro received the May 2022 security patch update last month for the Indian, European, and North American regions. For full changelog information, refer to this post here – Oneplus 7T Pro: May 2022 Security Patch [IN/EU/NA]
- Devices: Oneplus 7T & 7T Pro
- Android: Android 12
- OxygenOS: OxygenOS 12
- Build Version:
- IN: 188.8.131.52.HD01AA
- EU: 184.108.40.206.HD01BA
- NA: 220.127.116.11.HD01AA
- OxygenOS 12
- Update type: Open Beta 1
- Android Security Patch: From May 2022
- Release date: 1st July 2022
Source: Oneplus Community
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and colour to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work-Life Balance
- The Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colours, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for colour adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin colour of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
- These instructions are only for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 4GB storage space is available.
- Unable to set photos taken by the camera as wallpaper.
- Unable to wake the screen by tapping screen.
- May have lagging and silent issues after reboot.
- Unexpected clock widget will be shown on the phone.
- Clock on AOD cannot be disabled.
- After downgrading to OxygenOS 11 version, reset data may fail.
- After upgrading to OxygenOS 12, the clock might become smaller when screen resolution has changed.
- MP version = Stable official version
- OBT version = Open Beta Version
- MP to OBT upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update
Note: This upgrade method will not erase data but please be sure to backup first.
Note: In order to experience OxygenOS 12, please be sure that your device is on 18.104.22.168. or 22.214.171.124. version.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the Upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Update -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> find the upgrade package and tap it -> wait to finish the installation -> tap reboot
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
OBT to MP rollback guide—via Local OTA update
Note: This downgrade method might erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
Note: After downgrading to Android 11, some applications might be lost. You can upgrade to the latest Oxygen OS 11 stable version to restore apps by downloading and installing the corresponding packages.
- Download the latest ROM rollback zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM rollback package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and enter the password, now you are in the developer mode.
- Go back Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding rollback package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the rollback is complete, click Restart.
- Rollback successful.
Ready to get started on Open Beta 1?
Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
Note: After downgrading to Android 11, some applications might be lost. You can upgrade to the latest Oxygen OS 11 stable version to restore apps by downloading and installing the packages below.
Here are the latest packages of OxygenOS 11 to help you restore the lost applications after rollback to Android 11:
- Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
- As always, your feedback is appreciated. We look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum HERE. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app. If you don’t have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE.
- Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.
More from us
Android 12 – Update Tracker We have made a list of devices which has received…
Best Video Editors for 2022 Video editing is one of the most priced fields in…
The Billionaire’s Journey The Billion dollar man Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX has…
What Makes “Nothing” Special? Nothing Phone 1 is all set to enter the smartphone market…
What is Content Marketing Software: In content marketing, we create and distribute valuable, relevant, and…
Start a business under $500: Business is changing, ideas are developing, and people are wanting…
For more OnePlus Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store