OnePlus 8T OxygenOS Update (OxygenOS 11)
On 18th August 2021, OnePlus officially rolled out the OnePlus 8T OxygenOS Update with the device getting the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 depending on regions along with the August 2021 Android Security Patch Update.
The latest OxygenOS 11 update has brought the new Bitmoji AOD feature which will place your Snapchat Bitmoji on the AOD (Always On Display) screen. The update has fixed some known issues and has also optimized the system performance.
Similar to the OnePlus Nord CE 5G OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 update and the OnePlus 9R OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 Update, this OnePlus 8T Software Update is also incremental. Therefore, it will have a broader rollout soon.
The official statement from the OnePlus was, “Hey everyone, we are starting to push the incremental rollout of a new OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 8T in the EU region now, IN and NA regions will soon follow”.
Hence, the OnePlus 8T Software update is being rolled out in Europe right now. India and North America will soon receive the update.
The OnePlus 8T was released in October 2020 with an Android 11 out-of-the-box.
- Device: OnePlus 8T
- Android version: Android 11
- OxygenOS: OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 (EU,NA) or 188.8.131.52 (IN)
- Build version:
- IN: 184.108.40.206.KB05DA
- EU: 220.127.116.11.KB05BA
- NA: 18.104.22.168.KB05AA
- Update type: Software update
- Update size: 2.83 GB (Stable)
- Android Security Patch: August 2021
- Region: EU, IN, NA
Source: OnePlus Community
Along with the OxygenOS update, the device’s security has been upgraded with the August 2021 Android Security Patch.
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds Pro and brought new powerful features.
- Newly added the screenshot feature for AOD.
- Fixed the failed issue of Navigation gestures in some scenes.
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues.
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.08.
- Optimized the portrait mode effect of the front camera.
- OnePlus Store (IN Only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled).
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed with Snapchat, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you (Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji).
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus 8T has an Android 11 OS out-of-the-box. Therefore, it is eligible for three major OS updates.
The OnePlus 8T will receive three years of major OS updates and four years of Security updates.
Android 14 will probably be the last major OS update on the device, And Android 12 will be its first major OS update.
- Out-of-the-box>>>Android 11
- First Update>>Android 12 [Eligible]
- Second Update>>Android 13 [Eligible]
- Third Update>>> Android 14 [Eligible] [Last Update]
Check your device>>> OnePlus Android 12 update list
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
The OnePlus 8T Software Update with OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 is currently rolling out in Europe. But, it is soon expected to expand to other regions soon.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
More on OnePlus from us
- OnePlus Android 12 update list
- OnePlus 8 Pro Software Update: OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 with August 2021 Android Security Patch
- OnePlus 8 Software Update: OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 with August 2021 Android Security Patch
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Software Update: Third Update in India | Still no latest security patch
For more OnePlus Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store