OnePlus Nord 2 Software Update:
OnePlus has started rolling out the Open Beta, based on Android 12, for OnePlus Nord 2 users. Users can participate in their Open Beta program and all the participants should update Open Beta to the latest version to meet the latest upcoming build.
Also, note that some functionality of the Pac-Man edition may be lost, so it is recommended that OnePlus Nord 2 Pac-Man Edition customers skip this update and wait for the next version to arrive.
OnePlus Nord was released in July 2021 with Android 11 out-of-the-box.
Please keep in mind that this is a beta version of the program. These builds do not have the same level of stability as the official OTAs. There can be some risks associated with the installation of the beta version of the program.
Stable Release: the OnePlus Nord 2 recently got the latest April 2022 Security Patch with A.20 Build which had bought changes in the security and a peculiar fix in Facebook videos based on OxygenOS 11.3 with Android 11.
- Device: OnePlus Nord 2
- Android version: Android 12
- Custom UI: OxygenOS 12
- Update type: Software Update – Open Beta 1
- Build version: No Info Yet
- Release Date: 27th April 2022
Source: OnePlus Community
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 for your system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized Extra HD, a feature that can significantly enhance image and video resolutions
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- You might be unable to use Face Unlock in the dark after turning on Brighten screen in dim light through Settings.
- Fortnite will crash when playing the game.
How long did OnePlus take for the major OS updates?
|First OS update
|Second OS update
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus Nord 2 has received one major OS update with Android 11. The Open Beta program has been released by the company and the stable version will be released later in 2022. It is expected to come by June or July but it is just an expectation.
OnePlus will give two years of major OS updates and three years of Security updates.
Android 13 will probably be the last major OS update on the device.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 11
- First Update: Android 12 [Open Beta]
- Second Update: Android 13
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
OnePlus Nord 2 Open Beta program is rolling out and the participants will be able to access the features of this version and the subsequent build to come in the future.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
This instruction is only for OnePlus Nord, and please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB of available storage space before flashing the build.
More on OnePlus
OnePlus 10R Software Update: OnePlus has started the incremental rollout of the June 2022 security…
OnePlus 9 Pro Software Update: OnePlus has begun the incremental rollout of the June 2022…
OnePlus 9 Software Update: OnePlus has begun the incremental rollout of the June 2022 Security…
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite Software Update: OnePlus has started the incremental update of the…
Oneplus 9RT Software Update: OnePlus has begun the incremental rollout of the OxygenOS 11 with an…
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Software Update: Breaking News: Oneplus has started rolling out the OxygenOS…
For more OnePlus Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store