Poco M2 Android 11 Update
After releasing the Redmi 9 Prime Android 11 Update with a stable MIUI 12.5, Xiaomi has now released the Poco M2 Android 11 Update with a stable MIUI 12.5 too.
The Poco M2 is similar to Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime in Specifications & Features with the addition of the Poco Launcher. It is unofficially the sibling of Redmi 9 Prime and now is receiving the stable MIUI 12.5 Update based on Android 11 soon after it.
This is a stable update for the Poco M2 with the device receiving its first major OS update. This update brings a whole lot of new and exciting features for the users. Along with the stable Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 update, an August 2021 Android Security Patch has also been added.
One thing we observed is Poco is kind of slow, compared to Redmi or Mi in terms of updates, they always get a bit late than their sibling brand. The only device which had quick updates was Poco F1 – First Poco Flagship killer phone.
The Poco M2 was released in September 2020 with an Android 10 out-of-the-box.
- Device: Poco M2
- Android: Android 11
- MIUI: MIUI 12.5
- Build number: V22.214.171.124.RJRINXM
- Update type: Major / Stable update
- Update size: 2.1 GB
- Region: India
- Android Security Patch: August 2021
Read more >>>> Xiaomi Android 11 update list with MIUI 12.5/12 update
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
How long did Xiaomi take for the major OS updates?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 10||Out-of-the-box||September 2020||Nil|
|Android 11||First OS update||August 2021||11 months|
|Android 12||Second/Last OS update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
Check out >>> Xiaomi Android 12 update list with MIUI 13/12.5 update
How long will it get updates?
The Poco M2 has now received one major OS update with Android 11. Therefore, it is eligible for the upcoming Android 12 update.
Hence, the Android 12 will most probably be the last major OS update on this device. However, it will continue to receive MIUI updates after the Android 12 Update.
- Out-of-the-box>> Android 10
- First Update>> Android 11
- Second Update>> Android 12 [Eligible] [Last Update] [Unconfirmed]
How to update your Poco device with the latest update?
The Poco M2 Android 11 Update with stable MIUI 12.5 has been rolled out in India in batches reportedly. Hence, it is expected to reach all users soon.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Poco device with the latest update.
Also read: More from Xiaomi
- Redmi 9 Prime Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 stable update rolled out with August 2021 Security Patch
- Redmi Note 8T Android 11 Update: Stable update released
- Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual MIUI 12.5 update released in India
- How to downgrade MIUI Version of Any Xiaomi Phone in 2021
For more updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store