Realme 8 Pro Software Update
On 20th August 2021, Realme officially announced the Realme 8 Pro Software Update with the July 2021 Android Security Patch released for the users.
The rollout was a staged one, so not all the Realme 8 Pro users received the update at first. But now, many are getting the July 2021 Android Security Patch Update on their Realme 8 Pro devices.
However, the Realme 8 Pro users are slightly disappointed with the software update as it doesn’t have the latest August 2021 Android Security Patch.
The official statement for the Realme 8 Pro Software Update was, “Hey Realme fans, good news! Realme 8 Pro is getting a new update via OTA for the month of August!”.
The Realme 8 Pro was released in March 2021 with an Android 11 out-of-the-box.
- Device: Realme 8 Pro
- Android: Android 11
- Realme UI: Realme UI 2.0
- Build number: RMX3081_11.A.41
- Update type: Security update / Software update
- Update size: 286 MB
- Android Security Patch: July 2021
Source: Realme Community
Along with the July 2021 Android Security Patch update, the latest Realme 8 Pro Software Update has also fixed some known issues and optimized the system stability.
- Updated Android security patch: July 2021.
- Fixed some known issues and improved system stability.
- Fixes an issue where images from WhatsApp could not be saved to the Photos app.
- Always-On Display
- Fixes an issue where the time displayed on the Always-On Display screen would not be updated.
Check your device>>> Realme Android 11 Update Tracker
How long will it get major OS updates?
The Realme 8 Pro has an Android 11 OS already. Therefore, the Android 12 will be its first major OS update as it is automatically eligible for it.
It is also eligible to get the Android 13 update as well and it will probably be its last major OS update.
- Out-of-the-box>>> Android 11
- First update>>> Android 12 [Eligible]
- Second update>>> Android 13 [Eligible] [Last update] [Unconfirmed]
Check out >>>> Android 12 update list for Realme devices
How to install the latest software update on your Realme device?
The Realme 8 Pro Software Update with July 2021 Android Security Patch is being rolled out in phases. Hence, it will reach all the users soon.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest security/software update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
“Once again, this is a phased rollout and will be available to all the users very soon. Kindly be patient and wait for the update on your device. The manual update link will be available on the website→ https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update“.
More on Realme from us
- Realme 3 Pro Android 11 Update
- Realme Narzo 20A Android 11 Update: Realme UI 2.0 Beta Update released
- Realme Narzo 10A Android 11 Update: Open Beta channel goes live
- Realme C25 August 2021 update with July 2021 Android Security Patch update
For more Realme Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store