Realme 8 Pro Software Update:
Realme has started an incremental rollout of the new May 2022 Android security patch via OTA for the Realme 8 Pro model. The security patch comes with the build number RMX3081_11.C.16 which brings some Security, System & Camera updates with it which brings noticeable fixes to the device.
Realme 8 Pro was released on 25th of March, 2021 with Android 11 out-of-the-box.
With some major improvements, for the security changes, it integrates the April and May 2022 Android security patches. It also fixed some of the previously known system issues to improve system stability and the new update thus improving system performance in some cases to enhance the experience of the users.
On the other hand the device had recieved similar update with C.48 Build, Realme 8 Pro: May 2022 Security Patch with A.48 Build we had considered that update with Android 12, But after carefull analysis we think this update was running on Android 11.
Remember, this is a staged rollout so it will be randomly pushed to a limited number of users to ensure there are no critical bugs. If no critical bugs are found, the rollout will be fully completed in the upcoming days.
- Device: Realme 8 Pro
- Android: Android 12
- Realme UI: Realme UI 3.0
- Build number: RMX3081_11.C.16
- Update type: Software Update – Security, System & Camera
- Android Security Patch: May 2022
- Release Date: 22nd June 2022
Source>> Realme community
- Integrates the April and May 2022 Android Security Patches.
- Improves system performance and stability.
- Fixes an issue where buttons in the power off screen could not display, in their entirety in Landscape mode.
- Fixes an issue with photos taken in Night Pro mode.
- Fixes an issue where the screen might go dark or fuzzy when you take photos in Double exposure mode.
- Fixes a brightness issue that might occur in Lock-screen
How long did Realme take for a major OS update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 11||Out-of-the-box||March 2021||Nil|
|Android 12||First OS update||March 2022||6 months|
|Android 13||Second/Last OS update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
How long will it get updates?
The Realme 8 Pro came with Android 11 out-of-the-box. After the early access and Open beta, the device started receiving the stable Android 12 update in March 2022.
Hence, the Android 13 update will be the last major OS update on this device.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 11
- First update: Android 12
- Second update: Android 13 [Elgible] [Last update] [Unconfirmed]
How to install the latest software update on your Realme device?
The Realme 8 Pr Software Update with May 2022 Android security patch is being rolled out in phases and will reach all the users soon.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest security/software update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
This is, once again, a staggered rollout that will soon be available to all customers. Please wait for the update to arrive on your device.
On the website https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update, a manual update link will be available.
More on Realme from us
For more Realme Android updates please download our Android App – available on the Play Store