Realme 8 Software Update:
Realme has just started rolling out the September 2021 update for Realme 8 via OTA for the month of September. It brings a lot of improvements to the System, Settings page and Camera.
Realme 8 was released on March 25th , 2021 with Android 11 out-of-the-box.
Realme 8 had received a software update with DRE( Dynamic RAM Expansion ) which is among the first device to receive post- Narzo 30 5G as it squashes few bugs, optimizes system performance and bumps up android security patch levels.
- Device: Realme 8
- Android: Android 11
- UI: Realme UI 2.0
- Build number: RMX3085_11.A.20
- Update type: Security/Software
- Region: India
Source: Realme Community
- Integrates the August and September 2021 Android Security Patches.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability
- Fixes an issue
- screen would get struck when you scroll through contacts
- when screen would occasionally turn red when you exit super power saving mode
- Fixes an issue where the background might occasionally display improperly after you swipe down->Quick Settings
- Fixes the issue where Google chrome pages cannot be saved as PDF file from print preview
- Fixes the issue where NFC cards might fail to be identified using the front camera
How long did Realme take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 11||Out-of-the-box||March 2021||Nil|
|Android 12||First OS update||Expected soon||–|
|Android 13||Second/Last OS update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
How long will Realme get updates?
The Realme 8 was released with Android 11 out of the box in the first quarter of 2021.
Hence, eligible for the upcoming Android 12 update and it will be the second update and it’s highly predicted that Android 13 to be the last update. However, it is still unconfirmed.
- Out-of-the-box>>> Android 11
- First update>>> Android 12 [Stable]
- Second update>>> Android 13 [Eligible] [Last update] [Unconfirmed
How to install the latest update on your Realme device?
The Realme 8 with the September 2021 OTA Software update is just being rolled out.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest update
More on Realme from us
For more Realme Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store