Realme 9 5G Software Update:
Realme has started the staged rollout of the April 2022 Android security patch via OTA for Realme 9 5G model. The latest security patch carries the build number RMX3388_11.A.04 which brings Security, Network, and System updates.
It integrates the April 2022 Android security patch for the security of the system. The new update also increases the network stability which was an issue in the last update. Realme has also fixed system instability by fixing some of the previously known issues.
Realme 9 5G was released on March 14th 2022, with Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 out-of-the-box.
Note that this is a staged rollout by Realme to ensure there are no critical bugs. It will be available to a few users and with the broader rollout, it will reach the rest of the users. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed within a few days.
- Device: Realme 9 5G
- Android: Android 11 [out-of-the-box]
- Custom UI: Realme UI 2.0
- UI Version: RMX3388_11.A.04
- Update type: System, Network, & Security
- Security patch: April 2022
- Release Date: April 30th, 2022
Source>> Realme community
- Integrates the April 2022 Android security patch.
- Improves network stability.
- Fixed some known issues to improve system stability.
How long did Realme take for major OS updates?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 11||Out-of-the-box||March 2022||Nil|
|Android 12||First OS update||Eligible- Expected June 2022||Nil|
|Android 13||Second/Last OS update||Eligible||–|
How long will it get updates?
The Realme 9 5G was released with Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 out-of-the-box. It can be concluded that the new Realme 9 5G is eligible for at least 2-3 years of OS updates and 3-4 years of security updates.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 11
- First Update: Android 12 [Eligible]
- Second Update: Android 13 [Eligible] [Last update]
How to update your Realme device with the latest Software Update?
The Realme 9 5G software update with April 2022 Android Security Patch is rolling out in phases reportedly. And, it is expected to be rolled out to all the users soon.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
This is, once again, a staggered rollout that will soon be available to all customers. Please wait for the update to arrive on your device.
On the website https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update, a manual update link will be available.
More on Realme from us
For more Realme updates, please download our android app – available on the Play Store