Realme 9 5G Software Update:
Realme has started the Realme UI 3.0 Open beta application for Realme 9 5G. The application channel opened on 20th July 2022. Through the Beta trial program, Realme fans and users can now experience the new Realme UI 3.0 features in advance. It will also benefit Realme in receiving feedback for their UI and improvising it for the final release.
Realme 9 5G was released on March 14th, 2022, with Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 out-of-the-box.
What’s the Open Beta program?
- a. Invite Realme fans to experience the new Realme UI 3.0 features in advance.
- b. Collect feedback and suggestions to make Realme UI better.
- Application channel open: 20th July 2022
On June 29th, Realme released early access to a limited amount of users and now they are releasing the Open Beta. Full Details: Realme 9 5G: Realme UI 3.0 with Android 12 – Early Access
Previously, the device received the June 2022 security patch update which fixed an issue with the Lock Screen Magazine and updated the Android security patch to June 2022. You can check the full changelog details here – Realme 9 5G: June 2022 Security Patch with A.06 Build
- Device: Realme 9 5G
- Android: Android 12 [Open Beta]
- Custom UI: Realme UI 3.0
- UI Version:
- RMX3388_11.A.06 – Required
- RMX3388_11_C.XX – Updated
- Update type: Open Beta
- Security patch: June 2022
- Release Date: July 20th 2022
Source: Realme Community
Instructions For The Beta Program
- Please make sure your phone is not rooted.
- To prevent data loss, please backup your personal data before proceeding.
- The latest Open Beta version will be chosen as the stable version and rolled out to all users, there is no difference if you have already joined the Open Beta program.
- Some third-party application versions might not be compatible with Android 12 yet, after updating these applications might not be available or crash down on your device. Therefore, it is recommended to update all your applications to the latest version available in the Play Store before your update.
- The Open Beta versions may have an unpredictable impact on your phone and affect daily use.
- Please ensure that the available phone storage is more than 5GB. Otherwise, there will be a risk of update failure (To check the phone storage head to Settings > Additional Settings > Storage).
- Due to unpredictable factors such as network communication and strategy adjustment, it is not possible to guarantee that every applicant will receive the update. In case the update is not received, we suggest you patiently wait for the official release.
- Preparation: Realme 9 5G with 60%+ battery
Submit Bugs / Suggestions
Common Known Issues
- After the upgrade, it may take a longer time to boot for the first time, especially if there are many third-party applications on your phone.
- After the upgrade, in order to improve the system operation efficiency and eliminate potential safety risks, the system will perform a series of actions such as application adaptation, background optimization and security scanning which may cause slight hanging and faster power consumption.
Guidelines for the Open Beta Program
- Make sure update to required version: RMX3388_11.A.06
- Manually downloading link: https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update
- Apply for the Open Beta via the Software Update Application channel:
(Settings → Software Update → Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner → Trial Version → Apply Now → Submit your details and finish the quiz).
- Q1: Why can’t my device access the data file in File Manager after updating to the latest Realme UI 3.0 version?
- A – To protect user data security and privacy, Android 12 does not allow apps to access each other’s file directories， that’s why the access [Android/data] is now restricted on Android 12 (Realme UI 3.0), not even the built-in Realme file manager can access it.
- Q2 – Why haven’t I received the Open Beta update?
- A – Please be patient. Only some fans will get the update if their application passes the review, and there is also a notification when the version is available (Limited seats).
- Q3 – If I’m already in the Early Access Version, could I also need to join the Open Beta program?
- A- You’ll directly receive the version later and no need apply, stay tuned.
- Q4 – How to roll back to Android 11?
- A – Note:
- 1. Your personal data will be erased when you roll back. Please back up your data before your operation.
- 2. You can’t be back to the Open Beta version once you roll back.
- 3. You need a manual update to the latest Realme UI 2.0 version if you lost some pre-install app
- Step 1: Download the roll-back package on your phone and remember the location.
- (The package will update in time in this thread, please keep an eye on it)
- Link: Rollback Package for Realme 9 5G
Step 2: Enter recovery mode to roll back:
Turn off your phone–>Long press the volume down and power buttons at the same time enter recovery mode–>Choose the language –>Install from storage–> Input your screen locked password–>Find & tap the rollback package to go back to the previous version.
More from Realme:
Realme 9 5G Speed Edition Software Update: Realme has finally started rolling out Realme UI…
Realme C31 Software Update: Breaking News: Realme C31 users can now experience Android 12, with…
Realme 8s 5G Software Update: Realme has officially started rolling out the stable version of…
Realme Narzo 50A Prime Software Update: Realme has finally started the enrollment of the Realme…
Realme C25s Software Update: Realme has started the Realme UI 3.0 with Android 12 stable…
Realme C35 Software Update: Realme has started the Realme UI 3.0 Early Access application for the Realme C35…
For more Realme updates, please download our android app – available on the Play Store