Realme 9 Software Update:
Realme has begun the phased rollout of the June 2022 Security Patch for the Realme 9 model. The latest software update comes with the build number RMX3521_11_A.15 which has brought some improvements in the security and system of the device and optimized camera effects in some scenarios and Power consumption for a better experience.
Realme 9 was released in April 2022, with Android 12 out-of-the-box.
Talking about improvements it brings the latest security patch, with June 2022 first and foremost and optimization of the system and stability with the rear camera getting faster in terms of focus (quicker focus) and optimization to the skin colour along with improving the power consumption in some scenarios of the device.
Previously, the device had received the 2nd OTA update just after it had received the May 2022 Security Patch along with a bunch of improvements in the system, camera and performance of the device. Full details of the changelog: Realme 9: June 2022 OTA Update with A.14 Build
Previously, the device was updated to the May 2022 Security patch which made some improvements in the system and camera effects in some of the scenarios. For full changelog details, you can refer to this post here – Realme 9: May 2022 Security Patch with A.12 Build
Note that this is a staged rollout to ensure the stability of this update. The update will be randomly pushed to a limited number of users to rule out any critical bugs. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed within a few days.
- Device: Realme 9
- Android: Android 12 [out-of-the-box]
- Custom UI: Realme UI 3.0
- Firmware Version: RMX3521_11_A.15
- Update type: Software Update – Security, System & Camera
- Security patch: June 2022
- Release Date: 1st July 2022
Source: Realme Community
- Integrates the June 2022 Android security patch.
- Optimized system stability, and improved user experience.
- Fixed some known issues to improve system stability.
- Optimized the facial skin color effect of the rear camera.
- Improved the fast focus experience of the rear camera.
- Power Consumption
- Optimized power consumption in some scenarios.
How long did Realme take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 12||Out-of-the-box||April 2022||Nil|
|Android 13||First OS update||Eligible||Soon|
|Android 14||Second OS Update||Eligible||–|
How long will it get updates?
The Realme 9 came with an Android 12 out-of-the-box. Therefore, it is eligible for the upcoming Android 13 and 14 update. Hence, the Android 14 will most probably be the last major OS update on this device, if Realme sticks to its commitment to providing 2 major upgrades.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 12
- First Update: Android 13 [Eligible]
- Second Update: Android 14 [Eligible]
How to update your Realme device with the latest update?
The Realme 9 Software Update with June 2022 Security Patch update has been rolled out and has reached a limited number of devices, and may soon arrive to all users soon.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
This is, once again, a staggered rollout that will soon be available to all customers. Please wait for the update to arrive on your device.
On the website https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update, a manual update link will be available.
More on Realme from us:
For more Realme Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store