Realme GT 2 Pro Software Update
Realme has begun the phased rollout of the May 2022 security patch OTA update for the Realme GT 2 Pro model. The latest security patch comes with the build number RMX3301_11.A.16 which brought some major hotfixes in Security, System, Power, Temperature Control, and Rear Camera.
Realme GT 2 Pro was released on 8th January 2022, with Android 12, Realme UI 3.0 out-of-the-box.
The system of the device has been majorly optimized for better performance of the device. The video freezing issue in the YouTube application was an issue in the last update which has now been resolved. Your phone may unexpectedly restart at any time but this issue has been resolved in this update. The smoothness of startup of applications has been enhanced and the issue of repeatedly unexpected stoppage of the system launcher has now been fixed.
In the area of Power, users had reported the issue of faster battery drainage while playing Candy Crush Saga. So, the battery drainage issue in some scenarios has now been optimized for longer use. Overheating of the device has also been fixed to keep the temperature of the device in control. Photos taken in a dark environment would not be previewed or would not load, so the Rear camera issue has now been fixed.
Previously, the device was running on April 2022 security patch with an A.15 build which brought some improvements and updates in fingerprint, temperature, and other areas of the device. For full changelog details, you can refer to this post here – Realme GT 2 Pro: April 2022 Security Patch with A.15 Build
- Device: Realme GT 2 Pro
- Android: Android 12
- UI: Realme UI 3.0
- UI Version: RMX3301_11.A.16
- Update type: Software Update:-
- Security, System, Power, Rear camera & Temperature control
- Security patch: May 2022
- Release date: 2nd June 2022
Source: Realme Community
- Integrates the May 2022 Android security patch.
- Improves network stability.
- Improves network stability for gaming scenarios when you use two SIM cards.
- Improves startup smoothness of some applications.
- Fixes an issue where video freeze on Youtube.
- Fixes an issue where the system launcher would repeatedly stop running.
- Fixes an issue where your phone might unexpectedly restart.
- Temperature Control
- Fixes the issue where overheating in some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where Candy Crush Saga drains the battery too fast.
- Fixed an issue of draining the battery too fast in some scenarios.
- Rear Camera
- Fixes an issue where the preview of a photo taken in a dark environment would not load.
How long did Realme take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release date/status||Estimated Months|
|Android 12||Out-of-the-box||January 2022||Nil|
|Android 13||First OS update||Eligible||–|
|Android 14||Second OS update||Eligible||–|
|Android 15||Third/Last OS update||Eligible||–|
How long will it get updates?
The Realme GT 2 Pro came with Android 12 out-of-the-box. The company announced that Realme GT 2 and GT 2 Pro will get three years of OS updates and four years of security updates.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 12
- First update: Android 13 [eligible]
- Second update: Android 14 [eligible]
- Third update: Android 15 [eligible] [last update]
How to update your Realme device with the latest Software Update?
Realme GT 2 Pro May 2022 security patch update is rolling out in phases and will be available to all the users very soon. Kindly be patient and wait for the update on your device.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
More on Realme from us:
For more Realme updates, please download our android app – available on the Play Store