The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 11 update with MIUI 12.5, rolling out currently in China. It came with Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box, the Android 11 update with MIUI 12.5 is actually the second major OS update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
The Xiaomi Note 8 Pro was officially released in October 2019 in India. As mentioned above, it came with an Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box and it received the Android 10 update of a size of 1.9 GB in March 2020. Now, in June 2021, it has now received the major/stable Android 11 update with MIUI 12.5 skin/operating system.
the update is being extended to Mi Pilot Users Global version >>>>read here
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 11 update with MIUI 12.5
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 12.5 stable update based on Android 11 is currently rolling out in China. It comes with a build number 188.8.131.52.RGGCNXM. The Android 11 update is 2.2 GB in size. Along with the update, a May 2021 Android Security patch has also been released.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 11 update screenshots from China User
According to the sources, the official Android 11 changelog for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2021. Increased system security.
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Stereo system sounds.
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with full screen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards Show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
- *Learn more about new features in “Special features”.
- New: You can measure your heart rate using the camera now.
- New: Start recording running, walking, and cycling workouts manually, and enjoy lots of online workout classes.
- Optimization: Automatic workout recognition is much more accurate now.
- New: Convert images to PDF.
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third-party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro specifications
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro comes in three variants, Redmi Note 8 Pro 6GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB, and 8GB + 128GB. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with a 6.53-inch Color IPS LCD screen with a water-drop notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and 2.5D Curved Glass. It consists of a 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP quadruple rear camera and a 20 MP front camera. It has a 2.05 GHz Octa-Core processor with a MediaTek Helio G90T chipset. The available RAM and the storage space available are as per the variants. It comes with a battery size of 4500 mAh and an Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box.
How long did Xiaomi take for the update?
|Android OS||Release date||Estimated Months|
|Android 9 Pie|
[First OS Update]
|March 2020||6 months|
[Second/Last OS Update]
How long will it get updates?
As mentioned earlier, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro was released with an Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box. It received its first major OS update with Android 10 in March 2020. It has now received its second major OS update with Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 in June 2021, this month.
Since it has received two major OS updates, the chances of a third major update are unlikely. It will probably continue to receive Security and MIUI updates, but it may also be concluded that it is not in line with the Android 12 update list and Android 11 should probably be the last major OS update on this device.
Expected to get: MIUI 13 update.
Android 9 out-of-the-box || First Update>>Android 10 || Second Update>>Android 11 [Last Update]
How to update your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro to Android 11?
The [Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 11] update is being rolled out in China as of now. But, the rollout is expected to hit the other regions soon. Once it’s available on your device, you will receive a notification regarding the software update.
Then, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro to Android 11.
More on Xiaomi from us
- Xiaomi Android 12 update list with MIUI 13/12.5 : (Find out the impressive list of devices)
- Xiaomi Android 11 Update Tracker: Devices getting an update so far yes
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 11 update tracker bugs & issues – (March 2021)
- Poco X3 Android 11 Update with MIUI 12 rolls out in India
For more Xiaomi Android 11 updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store