Google rolls out android 12 beta 2.1 update, Not more than two weeks ago, Google released the Android 12 Beta 2 for its Pixel devices. But, “There are always two sides to a story or a coin”. Android 12 Beta 2 brought a whole lot of changes and new features for its users, but along with the update, came the bugs and other issues.
Soon after the users received Android 12 Beta 2, the users started experiencing bugs and issues in their Pixel devices. They complained, Google acted.
Now, Google has released the latest Android 12 Beta 2.1 update with the bug fixes and major issues that were faced by the users have been resolved.
Android 12 Beta 2.1 Update
The Android 12 Beta 2.1 update is available for Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, and Pixel 5. It came at a size of 72.68 MB generally but also 4.21 MB for some devices as per the screenshots posted by Pixel users on Twitter.
The Android 12 Beta 2.1 details as per the official Android Developers’ website –
Release date: June 23, 2021
Emulator support: x86 (64-bit), ARM (v8-A)
Security patch level: June 2021
Google Play services: 21.18.16
The fixes in the Android 12 Beta 2.1 –
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing things on the lock screen. For example, swiping down for the notification shade, swiping away notifications, or swiping up to unlock the phone. (Issue #190702454)
- Fixed issues that caused information such as weather and calendar events to not appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or lock screen. (Issue #190700432, Issue #190644743)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused flickering or jittery animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused microphone and camera permission indicators to get stuck and disappear until the phone was rebooted.
- Fixed an issue when using the Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where after taking Beta and resetting the device, some users are were stuck on setup wizard (Issue #190082536).
How to download and install the Android 12 Beta 2.1 on your Pixel smartphone?
If you’re already running a Developer Preview or Beta build on your Pixel device, you will automatically receive an over-the-air (OTA) update to Beta 2.1.
To download and install the latest update on your Pixel devices, head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section and follow the basic steps to update your devices.
More on Android 12 updates from us
- Android 12 Beta 2 hits the Google Pixel devices [Latest features, UI changes, yes new additions, and everything]
- Nokia Android 12 Update List | powered by Android one
- Motorola Android 12 update list | Stock Android UI
- OnePlus Android 12 update list | OxygenOS 12 or ColorOS 12 | Expected 2021-22
- Google Android 12 Update List: Devices getting the update beta/developer preview so far yes
- Xiaomi Android 12 update list with MIUI 13/12.5 : (Find out the impressive list of devices)
- Vivo Android 12 Update list | [FuntouchOS 12 / OriginOS / iQOO UI 3.0]
For more Android 12 updates please download our Android App – Available on Play Store