Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) version is now receiving Android 11 update with OneUI core 3.1, the update comes with June Security patch and is being rolled out in various countries for now – Korea, Asia & Europe.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 – 2019 (Wi-Fi) tablet was launched in February 2019. The tablet comes with a 10.1-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1200×1920 PPI. It is powered by Exynos 7904 processor, with 2GB of RAM. With 6150 mAh non-removable battery having 8MP rear camera & 5MP front camera.
It came with Android 9 [Pie] out of the box, so far it has gotten the Android 10 update and as far as we know, Android 11 will be the last major update it will be receiving, but there’s room for security updates for some while.
Details about the update:
Since it came with Android 9, it was eligible for 2 OS updates, with Android 10 based on OneUI 2.0 and Android 11 based on OneUI 3.1, Samsung has already rolled out updates to many of its devices. This time it was Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 to pack with the latest android update. It update package comes with June 2021 Security update along with Android 11 based on OneUI Core 3.1.
The builds carry these numbers – T515NKKSU8CUF6(South Korea), T515XXU8CUF2 ( Asia) & T515XXU8CUF4 (Europe).
The new update is available in the following markets:
- Czech Republic
- Nordic countries
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- The Philippines
- The UK,
- The Netherlands
- This software update brings the latest Android OS 11, with new features including One UI 3.1 and Quick Share enhancements.
- The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- The new One UI 3.1 improves user interaction for Quick Panel, Toolbars, Notifications, Settings, and more.
- Enhancements to Quick Share for easily sharing files to other Android devices.
How long did Samsung take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 9 Pie||Out-of-the-box||February 2019||Nil|
|Android 10||First OS update||July 2020||10 months|
|Android 11||Second/Last OS update||July 2021||10 months|
Roadmap of Samsung Tab A 10.1 – 2019 [Android updates timeline]
How long will it get updates?
Since it has received two major OS updates, the chances of a third major OS update with Android 12 are unlikely.
It will probably continue to receive Security updates but it may also be concluded that it is NOT in line with the upcoming Android 12 update list and this is the last major OS update on this device.
Android 9 out-of-the-box || First Update>>Android 10 || Second Update>>Android 11 [Last update]
Check out the eligibility list of Samsung Android 12 update list >>> read more
How to update Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 to Android 11?
There are different methods/instructions on the official for the Android 11 update with One UI 3.1 of Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1. The most convenient one is probably the User-Initiated Software Update.
Then, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 to Android 11.
More on Samsung from us
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series Android Security Update [July 2021 Android Security Patches in the Czech Republic]
- Samsung Galaxy M10s Android 11 update based on OneUI 3.1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0  Android 11 update
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro Android 11 update with One UI 3.1 out in Thailand
- Samsung Galaxy A20 Android 11 update with One UI 3.1 rolls out in India
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Series latest update in the US, India
- Samsung Galaxy A51 Android 11 update rolling-out in the US [unlocked version]
- Samsung Galaxy A30s, A20 Android 11 update starts rolling out
For more Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store